Tuesday, August 3, 2010

An Excuse

So now I have undertaken to write my own blog.

Why? This is a question fledgeling blog authors should be obliged to ask themselves. Who would want to read what I have to say? The answer in this case is nobody, really. Family, maybe. Some friends might poke their heads in from time to time as a vote of sympathy. By putting my thoughts up in the free public domain I have knowingly created "another fucking blog", which any erstwhile browser of the web would be justified in thinking.

My reason in this case is that I need an impetus to start writing again. I've been on hiatus now for some extraordinarily long passage of time, for any number of reasons. It's time to resume, and I need an obligation to some arbitrary sense of the public in order to get work done. I am writing for you to ultimately keep writing for myself.

Often lately I have been consuming some media or another, only to find myself starting to review it in my head. Articles and opinions are writing themselves. I've been politely ignoring this tendency over the last year or so, but it will not let up. So here it is: the unsolicited opinion of another blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers